EverKard receives information from you and collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, register, access, or use our Services.
Information You Provide
Your Account Information: You provide your mobile phone number to create an account on your local device. You may provide us with your phone number and as a business user, you will have access to others phone numbers. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers and any and all such other information you add to your account, such as a profile name, business address, business logo, social links and website links.
Your Connections: To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a recent list of your contacts for you to associate with your account information.
Customer Support: You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
Automatically Collected Information
Usage and Log Information: We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
Transactional Information: If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
Device and Connection Information: We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you swap cards with your contacts, join or create meetings and seminars, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
We receive information that other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when business users scan your QR code.
Third-Party Providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
We allow you to use our Services in connection with third-party services. If you use our Services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them; for example, if you use the apps share button on a social network to share a contact with your friends or followers, groups, or broadcast lists on our Services, or if you choose to access our Services through a mobile carrier’s or device provider’s promotion of our Services. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
Assignment, Change Of Control, And Transfer
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
Services Settings: You can change your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
Information We Collect
There are two basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our Services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, our Services require you to set up an account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name and phone number. You may also provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our Services, such as your business name, website, business phone number, address and logo. Other services, such as commerce products, may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us with whatever information you send through our services, such as visiting hospitality businesses. Keep in mind that the users who view your QR code can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to your Everkard information as well: Don’t include or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your issues.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about which of those Services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you scanned a certain user. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our Services:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our Services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our Services, such as how you use our search functions.
- how you communicate with other users.
Content Information. When you create your account, you choose the information that you wish to include with your profile. This is the data that you are agreeing to share with the public either using the scan facility or other mobile scanners. We also collect the date, time and location when you scan a QR Code. This data is collected by the app and provided to both you and the person you scanned with. By downloading the app and creating your profile, you agree to EverKard collecting this data and sharing it with other app users.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as compasses, microphones and camera; and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Camera and Photos. The apps require access to the camera to scan QR codes of other users.
- Location Information. When you use our business mode, we collect information about your business location to share with your customers.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browsers
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and Services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products and Services.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your memories content using your precise location information (if, of course, you’ve given us permission to collect that information) and make them searchable based on the content.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and Services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use the information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our Services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms and and comply with legal requirements.
How We Share Information
We share information about your business when your customer scans your QR code
Law And Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, EverKard or others.
Our Global Operations
Updates To Our Policy
We may amend or update our Terms. We will provide you notice of amendments to them, as appropriate, and update the “Last Modified” date. Your continued use of our Services confirms your acceptance of our Terms, as amended. If you do not agree to our Terms, as amended, you must stop using our Services. Please review our Terms from time to time.
28th of Feb 2021